Worldwide Garden Birdwatch, initiated by one of Wader Quest’s sponsors, Experience Wildlife.
Why not join the Worldwide Garden Birdwatch? Most of us won’t be able to see or hear many waders during this event, but it’ll be fun to see what others are finding around the world, much as we do during our own Wader Conservation World Watch.
So how to take part?
• Simply list the birds you identify by sight or sound from your garden or from your window, anytime between midnight and midnight on Saturday May 9th. The bird doesn’t have to be in your garden, ‘so long as you are’ and spend as little or as long as you like on the day.
• Please send by email in advance, a photograph of your garden, or the view from your window, where you will be doing the birdwatch. Also let us know where you are in the country/world.
What will happen on the day?
• Ashley will be posting updates of his garden observations on Facebook and also sharing those of others, so please do message us on Facebook with your sightings, or if you don’t have an account, you can text or email us anything unusual and we’ll share the news. Our contact details are below.
• Once you’ve compiled your sightings, just email them over to email@example.com in whatever format is easiest for you.
Where can you see the results?
• The full list of birds seen and a photo collage of the gardens will be posted on Ashleys blog, no later than May 17th. You’ll find the blog via the homepage of our website. Why not visit now, follow the blog and you’ll get an automatic notification.