Wader Quest organises or participates in a number of events all around the UK, aimed at raising awareness of the plight of and conservation of our waders. Please take part in these and if you see us, come and say hello. We will also publish relevant events, that we don’t attend, in this section for your information.
Wader Conservation World Watch 2019
Next event: 2nd and/or 3rd November 2019
Taking part is easy:
- Go out and see waders/shorebirds wherever you are in the world.
- Send us an email telling us what you have seen and where.
- Look for your birds on the species list and your name on the roll-of-honour on this website.
You will receive a Wader Quest Special Edition WCWW e-newsletter emailed to you with all the results, a species list and the roll-of-honour.
More information: WCWW page
Northwest Birdwatching Festival 2019
Next event: 16th to 17th November 2019
Martin Mere WWT
Rick and Elis will once again be attending the Wader Quest stand at this great annual event.
There is lots to do, including:
- guest speakers;
- exhibitors, including wildlife holidays, clothing, books and charities;
- otter feeds, white stork feeds, swan feeds and guided walks;
- Martin Mere’s fourth annual bird race on Saturday 24 November;
- bird ringing demonstrations; and
- floodlit swan feeds