Family: DROMADIDAE (Gray 1840)
- Dromas – Greek dromas running. (Paykul 1805)
- Asia; Crab-Plover.
- Africa; Crab-Plover.
1 species. Uncertain affinities. Thought to be close to stone-curlews and pratincoles and coursers, but also might be more closely related to gulls and auks.
- Crab Plover Dromas ardeola (‘Dromas Ardeola’ Paykul 1805)
- None found.
- BirdLife International: IUCN Red List for birds. Downloaded from http://www.birdlife.org on 26/03/2020
- del Hoyo, Josep, Andrew Elliot & Jordi Sargatal: Handbook of the Birds of the World – Vol. 3 (1996)
- Hayman, Peter, John Marchant & Tony Prater: Shorebirds – An identification guide to the waders of the world (1986)
- Jobling, James A.: Helm Dictionary of Scientific Bird Names (2010)
- Seebohm, Henry: The Geographical Distribution of the Family Charadriidae, or, The Plovers, Sandpipers, Snipes, and Their Allies (1888)
Click on the image for more information about the species.